Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
The dangerously-named Legal Insurrection site has a piece on the several news stories about the planned March 4 insurrection/riot/black-hole-of-freedom-singularity-event, which, as shocking as this might be to Ricochet readers, never happened. Nothing. Nada. Nil. El Zilcho Taco. From the piece:
In fact, so much nothing happened that the headlines warning of the March 4 armed insurrection read like ludicrous parodies of news.
- The BBC: “US Capitol police warn of possible militia plot to breach Congress”
- ABC News: “Capitol Police officials say intel on possible March 4 plot being taken ‘seriously’: QAnon followers believe that Donald Trump will return to power on March 4.
- USA Today: “Police bolster security at US Capitol as QAnon theory claims Trump will become president March 4”
- NBC News: “D.C. police, FBI on alert ahead of QAnon’s ‘true Inauguration Day’”
- CBS News: “House scraps Thursday session after intel warns of potential violence at Capitol”
For the press, this is likely more cover for what’s happening in DC, with the armed troops standing athwart Pelosi’s desk, shouting “Stop” behind two federally-procured Covid masks, and, oh, um, gas masks, so you really can’t hear them all that well.
Meaning, especially if you work in the DC area, that this is all that’s going on in the universe, so it must be covered. Unfortunately, like a lot of conspiracy theories, the target date for the event just keeps moving when it doesn’t materialize.
This aligns deliciously with the more recent request of our brave souls in Congress, who have requested 2,000 troops to stay another 60 days, in case they might have to have an unplanned meeting with a slobbering prole who somehow wandered into the District.
I have news for our fearless 535: You can’t take over a country built on federalism by sitting at the Speaker’s desk with a goofy hat on. But feel free to cower, as it helps us all see more clearly who you all really are.Published in