Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
I’m going to cheat a little bit here and not write about food at all. Instead, I’m going to talk about one of my favorite verses in all of Scripture. In fact, I love it so much that it’s in my email signature.
“Taste and see that the Lord is good. How happy is the person who takes refuge in him!”
Psalms 34:8 CSB
I can personally testify to how good the Lord is, and how happy I am to take refuge in Him:
- He has answered more prayers than I could tell you – including small prayers that I would classify as “silly.”
- He transformed me from an angry, easily irritated person into someone more loving when I finally realized I couldn’t change myself and called on Him for help.
- He has financially provided for me throughout my life, including one time through a car wreck, strangely enough.
- He has opened my eyes to truths of Scripture that I didn’t “get” before.
- His mercy and grace are new every morning – great is His faithfulness! (Lamentations 3:23)
Those are just a few examples! If you are a believer, I hope that this was an encouragement to you to reflect on and give thanks to Jesus for how good He has been to you. If you have not tasted and seen how good the Lord is for yourself, I hope this has planted a seed and that you will. ❤️Published in