Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
In my lifetime, I have never experienced such deceptive, malevolent, and destructive actions and behaviors from the Progressive Left. Maybe I was just naïve. Maybe their willingness to speak openly about their own devious behavior is how I’ve become enlightened. As a result, I am making demands of the Left that my government representatives, Senators and Congressmen, have been unwilling to make up until now.
But I take these stands, not with malevolence, but firm determination. I will not let you harden me or make me bitter. I will not descend to your level.
You must stop doing the following:
- Stop asking for unity; that’s not what you really want. Instead, you want us to follow you like obedient sheep and do whatever you say. You actually want to sow disruption so that we remain helpless in the face of your power-mongering.
- Stop acting like you care about this country. Your goal is to destroy everything this country stands for: freedom, pride of nation, free enterprise, freedom of religion. You are determined to destroy religious communities through your mindless secularism; you want to completely remake our history so that it will be a story that everyone despises and rejects. You think you can create a future, not of equality, but obedience; not of opportunity, but of compliance. Where other countries have aspired to be like us (although they profess disdain for our successes), you would have us not only lose our status or be like other countries, but to be subservient to the rest of the world. In your eyes, we must compensate for all the greed and arrogance that you believe we have embraced through history.
- Stop trying to behave as if you want to save the planet. Your plans for climate change are foolish, naïve, and not based on science. Unless your scientists are ordained fortune tellers, they have no idea what the future climate will be like, nor do they know if people contribute and if they do, to what degree, and your solutions will only work to destroy the economies of a multitude of countries. In fact, I would wager to say that you plan to destroy the earth just for the satisfaction of wielding your power and showing how you can magically restore the damage.
- Stop trying to destroy our hearts, minds, and souls. You are trying to take everything away from us: our genuine compassion for our fellow man; our love of learning and growing; and our souls which desire to serve our companions on this planet and to serve G-d.
- Stop working at the destruction of our economy by eliminating small businesses. Those small business owners are the very heart of free enterprise, the example of courage and fortitude and resilience and personal success. Many of them have spent a lifetime planning for and creating enterprises that provide ways for us to sustain our communities and support our families. You are trying to break the will of these entrepreneurs, but we will do everything in our power to keep them alive. Their death would be ours.
- Stop hurting our children. Our children need to flourish, to grow, to build relationships, to learn in environments that stimulate creativity and a love of life. Some children have already been lost, mentally and physically, to your selfish ploys. They have lost hope, desire, and the capacity to learn.
* * * * *
But there is good news. You have greatly underestimated us. There are enough of us on the Right who carry the passion of the Founders in our hearts. Through our lives of working, raising families, striving to be good citizens and teaching our children, we have become strong and resilient. You may not believe that is true, because we have not stood up to you and demanded what is right.
The time has arrived for us to stand up and fight.
There are enough of us, millions of us, who are have recognized your insidious plans: business owners, parents, religious folks, regular, hard-working people. We have learned much over the last four years; Donald Trump has taught us to fight back, to call you out on your destructive goals, and not settle for tyranny.
We will unify our own forces.
We will fight you to take back this country.
We have awakened to our calling as citizens.
These words are not a threat.
They are a promise.
[This is Part I of a series, The Greatness of America]Published in