Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
A few days ago I appeared on Ricochet’s Land of Confusion podcast (link below). We had a good time talking about all sorts of stuff. About halfway through the show, Don asked me about political yard signs in my area, which for some reason elicited from me a nine-minute discussion of the evolution of leftist movements in America over the past 100 years.
Don liked it and suggested that we transcribe it. Because it was off the cuff, it wasn’t as well organized as I would have liked, so I sat down today to write an article based on my answer to Don’s question.
I talked about sort of a lot of stuff, and it would be a pretty big job to pull all that together in a concise and well-organized essay. To heck with it. But I would be very interested in your opinion on my assertions, which are:
- This election is not as important as we think.
- Democrats are not being vicious because they don’t like Donald Trump.
- Biden is irrelevant in this election, but to a certain degree, so is Donald Trump.
- Regardless of how this election turns out, there have been structural changes in our society and our government that make ‘saving the American republic’ impossible.
- The left recognized that leftism didn’t fit with American government or culture, so they sought out to remake both. And they have done so successfully.
- We need to focus on what comes next, because America has been irreversibly changed into something different than what it once was.
So I ask for nine minutes of your time. Go to the link below, and go to just before the 30-minute mark. Watch the next nine minutes, and see if you agree with me. I hope you don’t, and I hope your disagreements make sense because my conclusions are concerning to me. As I often say, I really hope I’m wrong about this.
Thanks in advance for your input.