Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
Because you need another one of these posts…
- Watching Trump interrupt and talk over the debate moderator was cringy and painful. I’m a woman and a millennial, so take that into consideration – I know a lot of people like seeing Trump’s aggression, and sometimes I do, too, but I don’t think this was a good look tonight. I don’t mind him talking over Biden as much because it is a debate, after all.
- The “Antifa is an idea, not an organization” nonsense from Biden was extremely offensive. Don’t remember ideas burning things down and terrorizing people all by themselves!
- I’m super glad I will never moderate a presidential debate, and I want to know why they never mute the candidates’ mics. If it’s a matter of pre-debate negotiations, then they need to negotiate that in next time.
- Biden saying he doesn’t want to defund the police or implement the Green New Deal was interesting – and I don’t know that I believe him, especially with Kamala Harris as his running mate. I’m curious to see if he ends up walking any of that back.
- I thought the debate was supposed to last until 11 p.m., so it was a pleasant surprise when it ended “early.”
- I believe Trump has disavowed white supremacy before, and I can’t believe we’re still bringing up the “good people on both sides” thing, but Trump handled that question horribly last night.
- So, who won? Probably those of us who chose to watch the debate as entertainment and Tweet/chat on Ricochet while we watched it.
Also – my favorite Tweet from the night: