Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
At The Federalist, Mollie Hemingway reveals the disturbing results of a Harris poll regarding the Trump/Russian collusion. Many of the original reports were clear distortions or lies put out by the mainstream media, particularly CNN, and yet most of the public after all this time don’t see the “collusion” was a hoax. Hemingway makes the following observation:
CNN’s original story on the dossier was ‘Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him’ but when the dossier was definitively discredited, it downplayed or ignored the finding, instead going with ‘How the FBI attempted to verify a salacious allegation in the Steele dossier.’
So if [Jake] Tapper was upset that 32 percent of the public thought the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign, and it did, how upset must he be that 53 percent believe what his network falsely peddled for years? A majority of Americans — and 81 percent of liberals, the group CNN caters to — believe that Trump colluded with Russia.
The majority of Americans believe the lies.
We already know how disreputable CNN is in reporting what some people call news. But after more than three years of ample information coming out to clear Trump, how is it possible that more than half of Americans still believe the story is true?
Especially disturbing is that the level of social disruption today has been intensified by the information we are getting on COVID-19 and the upcoming election. It raises a number of disturbing questions:
- Are there so many Americans that hate Donald Trump that they are willing to believe any negative news about him?
- How will rumors and lies about any topic that are put out by the Leftist media be understood by naïve Americans prior to the November election?
- If our citizens are so easily duped, how willing are they going to be to understand the impact of the shutdowns and lockdowns of the COVID-19, and realize that their own lives are at risk because of them?
- Will Americans wake up to the fact that their rights and freedoms are slowly being destroyed while they hide in fear?
- Is there any way to break through the propaganda about COVID-19 and promote an objective and sensible way to deal with it?
Or are Americans going to fall into the abyss of authoritarianism? Although they are highly critical of the mainstream media, they continue to be led by the fake news.
Can we trust our own citizens to wake up and try to save the country? If not, what would it take?Published in