Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
My wife and I have a yearly holiday disagreement: boring white lights or beautiful colored lights? As our woefully artificial tree is pre-lit with white lights (and I’m disinclined to get a new one) the argument is largely intellectual. Still, I gaze in wonderment and amazedness at the lovely colors of the Christmas tree across the street in the neighbors’ window.
- Matches everything
- Supposedly elegant
- Safe choice
- The mayonnaise of holiday décor
- Can be used other times of year to decorate your dorm room
- Colonialist and non-woke
- Wife’s choice, not mine
- Reminds you of your dorm room
- Nostalgic – the bigger the better. I’d hang colored floodlights on my tree if I could.
- The Sriracha of holiday décor
- Not sure if I should call them “colored lights” or “lights of color”
- Hipsters are claiming them for themselves, and they are mine
- I want to spell it “coloured” and that’s pretentious
- I gaze at them too lovingly and my wife gets jealous
White lights or lights of colour? You tell me in the comments. And then I’ll judge you.Published in