Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
We live in chaotic times when the political world is falling apart. People are angry, discouraged, and outraged; many are throwing up their hands and are depressed that we have reached this state of disharmony and vitriol.
Several weeks ago I wrote about my own despondency in being surrounded by evil acts and evil people. I had people concerned about my mental wellbeing, which deeply moved me. I felt I had an obligation to find a way to experience my life as I wished to know it, in spite of giving in to the ugliness around me. I thought you might find my discoveries helpful:
- I will not let others manipulate my value system or pressure me to change my beliefs.
- I will live with the paradox that I am surrounded by viciousness and it will not destroy my resilience and generally positive attitude.
- I will not hide from or avoid the decline of civil behavior but will condemn those who insist on indulging in it and spreading it.
- I will remind myself every day that the war is not over, and I will fight, but I will retain my honor and dignity while speaking out against the despicable behavior of others.
- I will wake up every day and recognize how blessed I am to live in a free country protected by men and women of honor, and established with the wisdom of our Founders who knew that we would all be challenged with adversity.
- I will celebrate that I live in more affluence and with more opportunity than I could ever have imagined.
- I will appreciate the dear family, friends, and colleagues who are willing to fight these battles with me and encourage me to stand tall.
I will work to influence my own little universe by speaking truth to power, encouraging others to hold on to hope, and set the best example that I will never give up, no matter how dark the future looks. I will use these times to strengthen my resilience, to challenge our adversaries and to cheer on others who are disheartened and flagging in strength. I am choosing to see the upcoming days, months and years as a chance to grow. I’m prepared to meet the enemy head-on.
More lemons, please.