Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
For this week’s Big Ideas with Ben Weingarten podcast, I had historian, Freedom Scholar at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, former Special Advisor to the Secretary of State and consultant to the National Security Council during the Reagan administration, author of 38 books and most pertinent to today, Iran expert, Michael Ledeen on the podcast to discuss among other things:
- The impending collapse of the Khomeinist regime and what the U.S. can do to accelerate it
- The false narrative about alternatives for Iran being either appeasement or war
- The history of U.S. intelligence failures in Iran
- How secular and liberal Iran’s dissidents actually are
- Whether there is a wedge that can be exploited between Iran and Russia
- What will become of Hezbollah if the Iranian regime collapses
- The allegedly political witch hunt against Iran hawk and Israel supporter Larry Franklin as an illustration of historic anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism in the foreign policy and national security establishment
- Ledeen’s theory that Gen. Michael Flynn — with whom Ledeen co-authored the book, The Field of Fight — falsely pled guilty, and the real reason why Gen. Flynn was targeted in the first place
If you like what you hear, please do share with friends and family, and subscribe to the podcast, rate and review it if you are so inclined.