Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
For this week’s Big Ideas with Ben Weingarten podcast, I had legendary classical liberal legal theorist and longtime professor at University of Chicago Law School and now at NYU Law — and prodigious Ricochet podcaster Professor Richard Epstein on the podcast to discuss among other things:
- The role that Professor Epstein’s famous book, “Takings” played in Justice Clarence Thomas’ confirmation hearing — and then-Senator Joe Biden’s hectoring
- Professor Epstein’s groundbreaking theories on private property rights, eminent domain and the Takings and Commerce Clauses
- The practical argument against progressivism
- Whether we should deconstruct the administrative state, and if so how to do it
- The danger to free speech emanating from college campuses in a world of microaggressions, trigger warnings, de-platforming
- The folly of regulating Silicon Valley social media companies
- Classical liberalism versus socialism and libertarianism
If you like what you hear, please do share with friends and family, and subscribe to the podcast, rate and review it if you are so inclined.