While on the way from one place to another, @stad and @neutralobserver happened to be passing through beautiful downtown Troy, Michigan, so we got together for lunch. It’s a nice way to have a meet-up. It’s a chance to just talk and get to know people. I learned several things:
- Stad writes under a pseudonym. It is not a masculine name, which led to my questioning if he were writing romance novels.
- He’s about to start writing romance novels, but no, had not in the past. (I never got around to admitting that I have one of those started, too, because why not?)
- He’s much taller than he looks in his avatar.
- Neutral Observer makes the worlds best burritos. I have Stad’s assurance of this. He even started detailing the process at one point, but I doubt I’ll get them to put the recipe in the You Will Need Group.
- “Cell phone photos are today’s equivalent of relatives carrying around a carousel of slides from the old days.”
- Once you retire, you have no time to fool around anymore, because there is just too much to do with life.
- Neutral Observer has picked up a soft, Southern dialect from living in the South, but no, she’s from out west.
I’m sure the huge, mega-meet-ups are a lot of fun, but I’ll take the opportunity to talk with you one-on-one(ish), if you happen to be in town.