Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
While on the way from one place to another, @stad and @neutralobserver happened to be passing through beautiful downtown Troy, Michigan, so we got together for lunch. It’s a nice way to have a meet-up. It’s a chance to just talk and get to know people. I learned several things:
- Stad writes under a pseudonym. It is not a masculine name, which led to my questioning if he were writing romance novels.
- He’s about to start writing romance novels, but no, had not in the past. (I never got around to admitting that I have one of those started, too, because why not?)
- He’s much taller than he looks in his avatar.
- Neutral Observer makes the worlds best burritos. I have Stad’s assurance of this. He even started detailing the process at one point, but I doubt I’ll get them to put the recipe in the You Will Need Group.
- “Cell phone photos are today’s equivalent of relatives carrying around a carousel of slides from the old days.”
- Once you retire, you have no time to fool around anymore, because there is just too much to do with life.
- Neutral Observer has picked up a soft, Southern dialect from living in the South, but no, she’s from out west.
I’m sure the huge, mega-meet-ups are a lot of fun, but I’ll take the opportunity to talk with you one-on-one(ish), if you happen to be in town.Published in