I did not watch the State of the Union speech. I was fighting werewolves (or, “war-wilfs“) in Glenumbra with my Breton Templar. Then, I watched an episode of Descendants of the Sun and went to bed. But here’s what I deduced from social media:
- In a break from the previous eight SOTU addresses, the one PDT delivered was unapologetically pro-American; he said “America” more than eighty times and Democrats hated it. The word ‘America’ is now ‘divisive and exclusionary.’ Ponder that.
- Roger Simon: “Steny Hoyer and Nancy Pelosi watching Trump’s speech looked like a pair of sullen six-year-olds on a sugar crash the day after Halloween. Bernie Sanders looked mummified. Schumer was slumped so deeply in his chair he was almost falling through the crack.”
- The Democrats have become what they accused Republicans of being under Obama; a group of hatred-filled obstructionists chained to the radical elements of their party. They couldn’t applaud for record low black unemployment, record low Hispanic unemployment, or defeating ISIS. They couldn’t applaud a trillion dollars in infrastructure investment, even though they supported it under Obama. If they had shown even the slightest support for America’s successes, their ANTIFA base would have destroyed them. Those angry glowering faces on the TV screens weren’t just for Trump; they resent their new ‘Woke’ masters just as much. The ANTIFAs and the BlackLivesMatter and the #MeToos own them now, They are trapped and they hate it.
- Of a piece with that: Angry leftists forced the Washington Post to change their headline on the ‘State of the Union.’ Angry leftists thought ‘A Call for Bi-Partisanship’ was too “pro-Trump.” This is a thing that happened.
- The Gay Patriot wants to know who the wigless drag queen sitting next to Senator Cory Booker was. I think it was T-Bone.
- Cory Booker was trying to do his best Angry Man face last night. But instead of Captain Benjamin Sisko, he came off looking more like constipated Damon Wayans.
- As for Senator Wyden: A green tie and a blue jacket? I dress like a blind Eagles fan, and even I know you don’t do that.
- PDT came out in favor of church, family, patriotism and law enforcement. Democrat Media Operative Joy Reid calls these things the elements of white nationalism.
- PDT came out strongly against MS-13 murdering young Americans. Senator Kamala Harris immediately came out in favor of MS-13 murdering young Americans. More or less. Fellow traveler Joy Reid also likes her some MS-13.
- The Democrat rebuttal was delivered by a drooling idiot. Also, they dredged up a Kennedy to choke out some stale talking points.