Yesterday, Dennis Prager wrote a well-reasoned column to those who have declared they can not — or will not — vote for Donald Trump. He addresses the conscience issue, then gives nine reasons why a conservative should prefer a Trump presidency to a Democrat presidency:
- Prevent a left-wing Supreme Court.
- Increase the defense budget.
- Repeal, or at least modify, the Dodd-Frank act.
- Prevent Washington, D.C. from becoming a state and giving the Democrats another two permanent senators.
- Repeal Obamacare.
- Curtail illegal immigration, a goal that doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with xenophobia or nativism (just look at Western Europe).
- Reduce job-killing regulations on large and small businesses.
- Lower the corporate income tax and bring back hundreds of billions of offshore dollars to the United States.
- Continue fracking, which the left, in its science-rejecting hysteria, opposes.
For these reasons, I, unlike my friends, could not live with my conscience if I voted to help the America-destroying left win the presidency in any way.