Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
The other day, Guruforhire said he’d gladly invest in this idea:
[A] predictive engine serving up political content. People will pay [you] to screen and present content they want to see. Brand identities used to provide this via a signaling mechanism. Today there is just too much content. If you wanted to start a kickstarter to build the netflix of political blog traffic, I would gladly invest.
Your wish being my command, I built one this morning. It’s called “me.” Here are the most interesting articles I came across in the course of my morning’s reading — all geared toward the general themes of Brave Old World. Inclusion on the list doesn’t imply endorsement. It means only that I thought you might click on it. (Since I did.)
Give the engine a whirl!
- Donald Tusk: EU needs ‘tough’ migration policies
- French govt to propose extending state of emergency to cover Euro 2016
- Merkel’s Blunder Doesn’t Justify U.K. Exit
- Is Poland A Failing Democracy?
- No hope for Hollande if he stands for re-election, poll finds
- HM Treasury analysis: the long-term economic impact of EU membership and the alternatives
- The Future of Schengen
- Still credible? Critics round on ‘Up All Night’ movement after violence
- EU report ruffles Turkey’s feathers
- Macron: UK likely to pay for single market access after Brexit. A Britain outside the EU would be ‘completely killed’ in trade talks, French economy minister warns.
- Opinion: America’s Election Shame
- Avoiding the New Cold War With Russia. With two risky flyovers of U.S. military assets in a week, tensions with Moscow are high. We need to tone things down, before flyovers become bombing runs.
- Will Brexit make the EU more pro-Russian?
- The French Conundrum
- Outnumbered, outranged, and outgunned: How Russia defeats NATO
- Dangerous times’ for Europe’s journalists. Free speech at risk as EU grapples with the migration crisis and terrorism threat.
- Donald Trump’s Rise Terrifies World Leaders. And Obama’s reassurances aren’t calming them down.
- With Friends Like These … Erdogan’s Assault on Freedom and Democracy
- France’s economy minister Macron suggests ending wealth tax
- How David Cameron got Barack Obama to fight Brexit. The British prime minister made a direct appeal for the presidential visit ahead of the June referendum.
- Spain summons French ambassador over wine attack. French farmers poured 90,000 bottles of wine down the drain in protest over pricing.
- Sharia Villages: Bosnia’s Islamic State Problem
- Italian prime minister suggests common debt issuance to fund the response to the refugee crisis.
- The Budding Autocrats of the Balkans. From Montenegro to Macedonia, a new generation of leaders has learned to tell the West what it wants to hear while crushing democracy back home.
- Europe Stretched to Its Limits … (a long but very comprehensive report) …
I know: Come on, Claire, wasn’t there any good news?
Well, no. Not a lot.
But here’s a video of Jesper, the skiing Norwegian cat, to lift your spirits:
To make the predictive engine work better, you have to up- or down-vote today’s content. So tell me which articles you liked. I’ll tweak the algorithm based on your feedback, and I’ll see if I can screen and present even more pleasing content tomorrow.
What do you think of the prototype? Ready to invest in it yet? You know what to do!