‘From the home office in Paulden, Arizona, the Top Ten Signs You’ve Chosen a Bad CCW Instructor…
- He starts off his safety speech by saying “Accidental discharges are something you need to get used to.”
- He shows off his challenge coin from Mayors Against Illegal Guns.
- He spends more time complimenting your choice of camo gear than he does correcting your shooting stance.
- He demonstrates techniques he learned from playing Call of Duty.
- His class coursework on aiming your gun properly refers to “site picture”.
- He’s wearing a drop leg holster. On his arm.
- He’s proud of the fact he’s teaching like they did in the ’50s. The 1850s.
- His talk on the legalities of carrying a firearm is “Shoot first, ask questions later” and nothing more.
- He says he can’t pick up yours or anyone else’s guns because his felony conviction is still on appeal.
And the #1 sign you’ve chosen a bad CCW instructor…
- He starts off the range session with “Here, hold my beer while I try this.”