Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
ISIS, last seen rolling across Iraq, has published new rules for the recently captured province of Nineveh. Reporter Jenan Moussa of Dubai-based Al Aan TV took to Twitter this morning to translate some lowlights from the document:
- For those asking “who are you?”: We are soldiers of Islam and took our responsibility to bring back the glory of the Islamic Caliphate.
- Money we took from the Safavid government is now public. Only Imam of Muslims can spend it. Anyone who steals, hand will be cut off.
- We ask all Muslims to perform prayers on time in the mosques.
- We warn tribal leaders and sheiks not to “work with government and be traitors.”
- No drugs, no alcohol and no cigarettes allowed.
- For the police, soldiers and other kafir institutions, you can repent. We opened special places that will allow you to repent.
- Gatherings, carrying flags (other than that of the Islamic state) and carrying guns are not allowed. God ordered us to stay united.
- Our position on shrines and graves is clear. All are to be destroyed.
- For women, dress decently and wear wide clothes. Only go out if needed.
- People, you tried secular rulings (Republic, Baathist, Safavides) and it pained you. Now is the time for an Islamic state.
And here I thought America was the only country Obama was going to ruin.