Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
Big Government’s Andrew Breitbart joins us and we cover the panoply of conflicts that seem to follow Andrew where ever he goes. A brief list: Most of Twitter, the folks in the parking lot of the Sears Center, Glenn Beck, Shirley Sherrod, Eleanor Holmes Norton, and Harvey Fierstein. And that’s just in the first ten minutes. We also talk about the Tea Party, the mid-terms, and we get a valuable lesson in crowd control.
And now, more bullets than a John Woo movie:
- Andrew confronts the protestors at the recent Right Nation 2010 rally.
- Before reading Andrew’s Twitter feed, please send the children out of the room.
- Andrew discusses the alleged use of the N-word at the Capitol on Hannity.
- Listen in as Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton does a little fund raising in her spare time.
- “Back and to the left” is a line from JFK, Oliver Stone’s fictionalized account of the Kennedy assassination.
- Wikipedia’s collection of links and background on Shirley Sherrod’s speech and subsequent resignation.
- You may not recognize Shepard Fairey’s name, but you have seen his work. Sorry Mr. President, he’s just not that into you anymore.
- Where it all started: Andrew’s book Hollywood, Interrupted.
- While you were sleeping, Rob Long was hard at work discussing Lindsay Lohan on Red Eye.
Music from this week’s episode:
The Ricochet Podcast is sponsored by the Encounter Books Broadside Series. This week’s title: Obama and America’s Public Sector Plague by EJ McMahon. Available for purchase at EncounterBooks.com