Ricochet is the best place on the internet to discuss the issues of the day, either through commenting on posts or writing your own for our active and dynamic community in a fully moderated environment. In addition, the Ricochet Audio Network offers over 50 original podcasts with new episodes released every day.
This is what I got to this year. I probably didn’t read as many old books as C. S. Lewis would advise. But I did read an older book by the woman that would become his wife. What did you read this year?
Fentanyl, Inc.: How Rogue Chemists Are Creating the Deadliest Wave of the Opioid Epidemic by Ben Westhoff
- I work with a population that is greatly suffering from this plague. I know a number of men lost to this drug over the last year. Not a concern of the current Administration.
Young Frankenstein: The Making of the Film by Mel Brooks
Where the Light Fell by Philip Yancey
- Yancey is one of my favorite contemporary Christian writers, writing important works on pain and suffering. This is his memoir.
The Force: The Legendary Special Ops Unit and WWII’s Mission Impossible by Saul David
- If you’ve ever seen the film, The Devil’s Brigade … This is the true story.
The Black Joke: The True Story of One Ship’s Battle Against the Slave Trade by A.E. Rooks (2022)
- I learned about this interesting piece of history from @Seawriter.
Smoke on the Mountain: An Interpretation of the Ten Commandments by Joy Davidman
On Animals by Susan Orlean (2022)
The Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self by Carl R. Trueman
- How did we get to the place where a man can call himself a woman and nobody laughs?
Not Forsaken: A Story of Life After Abuse by Jennifer Michelle Greenberg
- I highly recommend this story of a woman’s struggle with abuse in the Christian community.
Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers by Dane C. Ortlund
- Who does Jesus love?
The Church of Baseball: The Making of Bull Durham by Ron Shelton (2022)
Reading the Bible with the Damned by Bob Ekblad
Comedy Comedy Comedy Drama by Bob Odenkirk (2022)
Perry Mason by Erle Stanley Gardner
The Case of the Demure Defendant
The Case of the Deadly Toy
The Case of the Icy-Cold Hand
The Case of the Beautiful Beggar
The Case of the Mythical Monkeys
The Case of the Waylaid Wolf
The Case of the Amorous Aunt
The Case of the Singing Skirt
The Case of the Daring Decoy
Preach No More by Richard Lockridge
Superman Smashes the Klan by Gene Luen Yang
The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix
Tracy Flick Can’t Win by Tom Perrotta (2022)
- I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this sequel to Election.
Fish or Cut Bait by A.A. Fair (aka Erle Stanley Gardner)
The Quick and the Dead by Louis L’Amour
Murder in Christmas River by Meg Muldoon
The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
- One of those classics you finally get to and regret putting off for so many years.
The Island by Adrian McKinty (2022)
Sparring Partners by John Grisham (2022)Published in