The Atlantic Wire asks the question, “Why is Rahm Emanuel leaving so suddenly?" Writer Max Fisher trots out some theories to attempt to answer the question, but I have a few theories of my own.
- The other Chicago mayoral candidates are already getting most of the good voter names off area tombstones.
- He just can’t stand the new Oval Office furniture any longer.
- He’s tired of hiding sharp objects in preparation for the White House post-election party.
- He can’t figure out a way to say “no” to Harry Reid’s request that he be listed as a reference on Reid’s résumé.
- His F-bombs are becoming strangely ineffective at meetings; he needs a new audience.
Of course, there’s always the slight chance he just wants to get out before the November elections.