Get in on this! The winner gets...something. Not sure what, yet. An Amazon gift card, an appearance on the podcast...something cool.
Here's how we'll do it:
You correctly pick the number of House and Senate GOP gains, as of 11PM Pacific Time, November 3rd. That's the day after, and there will probably still be some recounts going on -- there's gonna be some shenanigans at the polls -- but we've got to pick a time and stick to it.
1. The number of GOP House net pickups;
2. The number of GOP Senate net pickups.
3. Tiebreaker #1: The number of GOP governor pickups.
4. Tiebreaker #2: Steele or Dingell?
5. Tiebreaker #3: Boxer or Fiorina?
6. Tiebreaker #4: The percentage spread between O'Donnell and Coons in Delaware. Not who wins, just the spread!
For background, check out Larry Sabato's thoughtful, measured predictions here. He says House +55, Senate +8, Governors +8-9. (Of course, in the Ricochet pool, there's no "8-9" -- you've got to pick a number....)
We'll call "Last Bets" sometime on Sunday. You can revise and change and argue it out until then. Whatever your last bet is, that's the one we'll count. So, like Chicago politics, bet early and often.
Graphic courtesy of E.J. Hill