Wall Street Journal sports reporter Jason Gay offers 29 rules for your family's touch football game. A selection:
4. It's not really a family touch football game unless at least three family members have no idea which team they are playing on.
6. There are no steroids allowed in Thanksgiving touch football. But your Uncle Dave just tested positive for vodka and doughnuts.
7. Mom wants to play quarterback, Mom gets to play quarterback.
11. If a nice man shows up at the front door wearing a No. 15 jersey and begging to play, let him. That's Tim Tebow, and he just wants somebody to let him take a few snaps. But running plays only. No passes. He'll understand.
16. You do not need fancy end-zone markers in touch football. You only need four items to mark end zones: a winter hat, a flower pot, a 12-pack of beer and your Aunt Ginny.
Have fun out there!
Family football game photo via Shutterstock.