Romney's Debate: A Win On The Only Things That Matter
Via @numbersmuncher, who is an excellent Twitter follow.
His piece here summarizes the real story of this debate, beyond Candy, Libya, and binders:
- On the economy, Romney beat Obama by 18% in the CNN poll and 21% in the CBS poll.
- The CNN poll had Romney up on handling taxes (7%) and the budget/debt (23%)
- CNN poll on if candidates had a clear plan — Romney was -1 (49-50) and Obama was -23 (38-61)
- Romney even led on health care (49-46), being a better leader (49-46), and giving direct answers (45-43)
- Obama led on being likeable (47-41) and who cared more about the questioners (44-40)
- PPP CO poll on whether view of candidates were more positive after debate: 40-36 (+4) Obama, 44-35 (+9) for Romney.
- PPP CO poll on who better understands people like you: 50/50 tie.
Read the whole thing.