Several years ago I came to the realisation that my exposure to great works of Fiction was limited and my efforts to rectify that problem were scattershot. So I decided to create a Lifetime Reading List. The list began at about 200 works and has continued to grow as new books strike me. I use the list not so much as a goal but as a guide – something to keep me focused as wander the aisles of bookstores and libraries.
Now, with your help, I would like to do the same for Non-fiction.
Here’s what I’m looking for:
1) This is a Lifetime Reading List – I am looking for works that will continue to be relevant in 10, 20, 30 years time.
2) Rule in every subject – I would like the list to be more wide than deep
3) Assume I know nothing about the subject – I would prefer big themes to granular analysis
4) Center-Right themes not necessarily required
5) Help me understand why the book you suggest is important for me to have read in my lifetime
Thank you, dear Ricofriends, for your help in compiling my list. I am very much looking forward to your suggestions and will be sure to share my Non-Fiction LRL with you upon completion.