MMORP Vs. GOP: Orc Assassination Rogue For State Senate
Hey, if you're going to spend all day playing massively multiplayer online role-playing games, that's your business.
But if you're running for State Senate District 25 in Maine, maybe you shouldn't spend all your time in the imaginary world of Azeroth.
On the bright side, Colleen Lachowicz is playing at level 85, the very highest level of play. That shows initiative and commitment. On the downside, she's had to spend a lot of time to get there and has left a record of rather unserious comments while doing so.
The Maine GOP highlighted some of the comments Lachowicz, whose online alter ego is Santiaga, has made during the many hours of playing time she's logged:
- "Yes, I am seriously slacking off at work today. And I called my congresswoman's office today. And told them I would probably be calling everyday."
- "I spent my day leveling my alt -- an undead warlock..."
- "I'm lazy, remember?"
- "Now if you'll excuse me, I may have to go and hunt down Grover Norquist and drown him in my bath tub."
- "Or my dream from election season last year where John McCain sat at my childhood dining room table and I reamed him a new [expletive] about Sarah Palin."
- "I like to stab things and I'm originally from NJ.... what's your [expletive] point?!"
- "Do not send me a campaign contribution or I will have to stab you! Seriously!"
- "I love this diary because it sums up the [expletive for tea partiers] mindset."
You know those pictures where they show all the state legislators playing Solitaire instead of paying attention to debate? Maybe we should just encourage them all to adopt alter egos and fight things out in Azerath.
And hey, if things go well for her in Maine and she moves up to a national platform, maybe she can teach us how Chinese gold farming will save us from currency devaluation. Santiaga for Chief Orc Assassin!