To quote Dennis Prager ,"Mr. Clarity is our friend". Steven Van Zandt at HuffPo spells out his wish list for Obama's 2nd term.
- Overturn Buckley v Valeo;
- Eliminate all private money in the election process;
- Ban all international military sales;
- Eliminate all use of fossil fuels over the next ten years;
- Ban all preservatives, steroids, chemicals, additives, pesticides in our food;
- Ban sugar;
- Gather Futurists to design what the country should be in 50 years and then create jobs to fit the model;
- Create the national green energy grid;
- Build the high speed train network;
- Health insurance for everyone for free;
- Moratorium on all foreclosures;
- Lower personal and Corporate tax rates to 15% and institute a 10% acquisition tax on all financial services transactions, acquisitions, mergers, and stock trades to make up for it;
- Eliminate all air and water pollution;
- Ban plastic bottles;
- Put Arts classes back into schools
I especially like the health insurance for everyone for free bit.... and what's this fascination with high speed rail? It's the left wing panacea.
Gather futurists? These guys are hillarious!