In Charlotte yesterday evening, former President Bill Clinton engrossed and thrilled the delegates to the Democratic National Convention, who responded to his 48-minute address with wave after wave of cheers and applause. And in the mainstream media this morning, Clinton received worshipful treatment. "Mr. Clinton," the New York Times informed us, "delivered an impassioned plea on behalf of Mr. Obama’s re-election, the 42nd president nominating the 44th to a second term with a forceful and spirited argument that Democratic values would restore the promise of the middle class."
A few items from the 42nd president's resume:
- Impeachment by the U.S. House of Representatives
- The payment of a $90,000 fine for lying under oath in a federal court
- The payment of $850,000 to settle an allegation of sexual harassment
- The payment of a $25,000 fine and the suspension for five years of his license to practice law in Arkansas
- Permanent expulsion from the bar of the U.S. Supreme Court