Just a quick note here, written from a Barnes and Noble just south of Atlanta. It was a pleasure to spend Father's Day with my Dad … and a pleasure for us both to see my daughter and grandson the day before Father's Day. Today is Dad's birthday, and through the miracle of parts that had to be ordered for my truck's air conditioner, I get to spend today with him as well.
A couple of day's ago, I had the pleasure of attending Dad's church, where a choir of over 100 voices sang mightily in praise to The Almighty. In the course of his Father's Day sermon, the pastor there remarked that 10 percent of what children learn from their parents is learned from words, with the remaining 90 percent being picked up through deeds. If that's the case, and I suspect it is, I've been blessed with a wonderful teacher.
Thanks, Dad. If life is measured by the smiles we leave in our wake, yours is a rich one indeed. Happy Birthday, Dad!